Can I get Microsoft Word and other Office programs for my personal computer?
Yes -- there are two options, one which works online, and one which can be downloaded and installed on your personal computer.
Office 365 online
- A simplified version of Microsoft Office is available within your Kirkwood student email. Log in to your Kirkwood email.
- From your inbox, look along the far left edge of the screen. You should see icons for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- If you don't see the icons, try clicking on the icon of nine small squares, in the upper left corner of the screen. Clicking on this brings up all Microsoft apps available to you for free through your Kirkwood student email.
- Files created through the cloud (online) version of Office will be stored on the cloud, and will be accessible through your Kirkwood student email.
- To submit a file to Talon or attach to an email, you must download a copy of the file. Click: File, Save As, then choose Download a Copy to computer.
- This is a cloud computing version of Office, and is compatible with the full (installed) version of Office.
- Includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office installed
- Microsoft Office is available to download for free to all Kirkwood students. The download link and directions for installing are on the Kirkwood Bookstore website.
- Have your k number, student email, and password ready to verify that you are a current student.
- Includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Was this helpful? 4 1