How do students print from their own computer? What if it's not working?
Print from Your Own Device (PYOD) is available at the Cedar Rapids Campus Library, as well as at several locations across the main campus.
Some common problems that prevent printing:
- Make sure that the file you're printing is closed. Print From Your Own Device will not print open documents.
- Make sure it's a file type that PYOD accepts: Microsoft Office (.docx, .xlxs, .pptx, etc.), PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP & TXT.
- Make sure the file name of the document doesn't have any punctuation marks, and isn't too long.
- Webpages can be printed by selecting "Web Print" from the top menu and entering the address in the "Web Address to Print" search bar. However pages or documents from website requiring a login (e.g. Google Drive or Talon) cannot be printed. You must download or export the document and save it to your computer first.
- Make sure you select the printer from the drop down list under "1_SELECT_PRINTER_BELOW"
The Kirkwood Help Desk typically is not able to help us with PYOD problems. If the PYOD system is not working, we suggest that students log in to one of our computers instead. They might need to email the document to themselves first.