How can I convert my Pages document into a Word document?
Ideally, if you need to open your Pages file as a Word document, you would export it as a Word document while still in Pages. But we know things happen and sometimes it's not possible. Here are directions for exporting as a Word document within Pages, and for converting it after the fact.
Export as a Word document from within Pages:
- When your Pages document is complete, select "Choose File" from the top menu, then "Export to". Choose "Word" from the list of options.
- Select where you want to save the file.
- Upload the file to Talon, if needed. You can also email the file to yourself or upload to Google Docs if you need to work on the file or print from another computer.
- More detailed directions, and directions for iPhone or iPad can be found on the Apple Support page.
Convert a Pages file when you don't have access to Pages:
- This site cloudconvert has a Pages-to-Word converter. First save your Pages file to the computer you're using.
- Go to the cloudconvert site.
- Click "Select File" and follow the onscreen prompts.